Monday, May 6, 2013

Monday Mind Game

Hi all. Glad to see you’ve survived the A-Z Challenge. Welcome and thanks to all of our new followers! Tamara and I really appreciate your support. So on our first official non-challenge post, I’d like to start off with something simple.

I’ve played this game with friends and have always found it interesting to see the unexpected answers. So here is my mind game question:

If You Could Only Bring 3 People to a Deserted Island, Who Would You Bring?

The rules:

We know you’d bring your kids, your spouse or Jesus, so I’m looking for Literary, Celebrity, Cartoon or Fictional. Someone who fits in the following three categories—remember, real or fiction:

  1. Guilty Pleasure Person
  2. Intellectual Person
  3. A Just Because Person


Here are my answers:

My Guilty Pleasure: Iron Man/Tony Stark. Maybe this is because I just saw the third movie and I LOVE Robert Downey Jr, but I think I’d have a great time with Tony Stark on a deserted island. Not to mention--even if the suit didn't make it--when we got tired of being there he could totally build us a jetpack from coconuts and blast us back to civilization.


My Intellectual Person: Sherlock Holmes. It's no coincidence this character was recently portrayed by Robert Downey Jr., but that's not the main reason I chose him. I think I’m a fairly observant person, but I’d really like to be much more so and I think I could learn a lot from him. I want to deduce!


My Just Because Person: J.K. Rowling. I’d make her write more installments in the Harry Potter series to fill in those years where Harry and Ginny, and Ron and Hermione really became couples and grew into the parents we saw in the epilogue…or else I'd tell Tony Stark not to build her a coconut jetpack and we'd leave her on that island!


So tell me, If You Could Only Bring 3 People to a Deserted Island, Who Would You Bring?

5 comments:

  1. Glad you survived Tamara! :) I believe my answer will be short and sweet.

    1. Jennifer Connelly
    2. Marilyn Monroe
    3. Jessica Rabbit

    I will let your imagination answer the "why"

    ;-)

    Jak at The Cryton Chronicles & Dreams in the Shade of Ink

    ReplyDelete
  2. Guilty pleasure would be Kate Beckinsale. Which means my just because person would have to be my wife, or I'd be in trouble. Intellectual... might not totally fit, but I'll go with Moses, because he could part the sea and we'd just walk back to the mainland.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fun!
    1. Channing Tatum...he's so yummy to look at and he can dance to entertain me.
    2. Bill Clinton. He's a great speaker. He's gotta keep his hands to himself, tho.
    3. Scooby Doo. WHy not? He'd find us food and solve mysteries for us!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This sounds like fun but I can't make up my mind. I have too many guilty pleasures. Intellectual, oy, probably Einstein. And just because, the guy from the Survive show in Animal Planet. He may come handy in such an island.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Jak: Hmmm, I can't for the life of me figure out why you chose who you chose. Lol!

    Alex: Smart man including your wife. After all, you might get off that island one day-lol.

    Sus: Good luck getting Bill to keep his hands to himself! But then again, you'll have Channing and he can protect you!

    Al: Smart choice with the Survive guy! He will certainly come in handy.

    ReplyDelete